This position actively participates in effective management of multiple Customer accounts by providing accurate, timely cash applications; account review, collections, and weekly analysis to management.The AR (Accounts Receivable) Processor is responsible for maintaining routine activity, analyzing variances, identifying root cause, and providing timely and accurate resolution of issues.The AR Processor’s role has a key impact on the Cash Flow of the organization.The AR Processor is tasked with providing exemplary service levels to both internal and external customers.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Responsible for maintaining daily AR balances on an assigned set of customers to provide accurate posting of customer balances to the General Ledger.
- Responsible for verifying through Credit Reporting Agencies credit worthiness of new customers.
- Reviews new customer account applications and makes recommendations to approve submitted credit limits for the account.
- Establishes new customers in the Axapta system. Provides updates to existing customer profiles as required.
- Produces Customer Payment reminders and statements.
- Performs daily mail-out of printed Customer invoices.
- Handles customer inquiries and provides necessary documents as requested.
- Performs weekly review of individual customer account status. Initiates collection efforts to maintain current status within customer terms. Provides reporting of past due accounts to the management team.
- Reviews customer account activity, performs collections, assesses accounts for write-offs, and advises management of potential issues surrounding cash collections from customers.
- Coordinates the resolution of issues between the customer and WILP.
- Liaison with customer service & others to provide invoices, credits and/or corrections.
- Participates in maintaining the customer sales tax exemption certificates. Reviews customer accounts to ensure that all necessary information is recorded in Axapta.
- Validates proper close of the AR at each period.
- Will provide back-up support to the Accounting Generalist to initiate check and ACH disbursements.
- Responsible to maintain Petty Cash including the monthly journal entries and reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Provide scanning and imaging function to support the AR Group and other areas as assigned.
- Other projects and activities assigned by the management team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree and/or recent exposure to the General Accounting area.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
Ability to maintain high level of accuracy
Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on developing and maintaining customer relationships.
Attention to detail and good problem solving skills required
Ensure confidentiality and security of all financial files