Buford, GA 30518
Job Title: Assembler
Location: Buford, GA
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
* Complies with company policies, procedures, work instructions and training requirements.
* Follows assigned SOPs, production work orders, and assembly plans.
* Gather bulk supplies.
* Confirm/gather proper lot numbered components from inventory.
* Review products during the assembly process for any product defects and immediately report defects to supervisor or Quality department.
* Package orders for shipment, as needed, to meet customer requirements.
* Ensure orders are packed accurately according to the order form.
* Provide excellent service to customers by ensuring timely and accurate production (98% or better service level).
* Assemble product in an efficient and accurate manner, using proper components and lot numbers.
* Minimize mistakes by ensuring close attention to detail, notifying supervisor of mistakes immediately.
* Assist with labeling and packing, as required.
* May help assist with the training of newly assigned Assemblers.
* May help to assemble kits other than clinical trial kits, such as diagnostic and specimen collection kits.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
* Works on the production/assembly floor thermostatically controlled to room temperature with adequate lighting and ventilation and with occasional elevated noise levels. May work a portion of the day in a general warehouse environment with adequate lighting and ventilation with occasional elevated noise levels and a varying range of temperatures.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required; however, the job position does require frequent walking, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting or possibly carrying objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
If you are looking for a stable career with a growing company, we want to work with you!
|QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications) |
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Basic experience with personal computers or systems
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
* Display effective time management skills
* Knowledge of basic computer operations; ability to look-up information and update data in computer applications/software.
* Ability to work independently or as a productive member of a team
* Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to follow directions
* Ability to match like numbers
* Ability to keep up with required production rate
* Willingness to seek and gain further knowledge of components, as well as, further knowledge and skill in the assembly process