Entry Level Purchasing Clerk
What You'll Get:
- Direct hire opportunity
Why should you work with TRC Staffing Services?
At TRC Staffing we are committed to helping our clients and employees find the best fit. TRC works hard to campaign for our employees and help them land the position. We want to help change our employees lives and provide them with an extraordinary experience unlike any other. TRC Staffing offers benefits for our employees including, holiday pay, longevity bonus, partial paid medical insurance, electronic time keeping and direct deposit.
Position supports the supply chain operation by performing specific tasks within both purchasing and planning.
General Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Controls NCR and RTV processes to ensure process is up to date and suppliers are held responsible for non conforming materials we receive
- Manages the supplier evaluation process to meet stated procedures
- Research potential new suppliers to add to supply base
- Liaison with operations, product development and quality departments to ensure suppliers have specifications and information needed to provide materials
- Works with planning processes and tools used such as MRP, SOP.
- Serves as back up to Master Scheduler for Job Jacket management
- Performs purchasing duties with constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth.
- Ability to be able to take forecasts and firm demand requirements and provide schedules of components to fill production and R&D needs. Has the ability to complete tasks and projects within specified timelines.
- Must be able to work within the SAP system, with complete knowledge of material management, planning, and methods of engineering processes and procedures.
- Complete knowledge of bill of materials, SAP item numbers and shipping documents.
- Reviews and checks accuracy and completeness of purchase orders and records prior to final order submitted for approval
- Follow up on purchase orders to ensure requested delivery date is met
- Identifies and communicates issues/problems regarding purchases related to but not limited to unsatisfactory delivery dates (availability), prices, quality issues, etc
- Completes new supplier forms, Certificate of Liability Insurance, Supplier Assessment Survey, and Quality Commitment forms from suppliers and work within the Approved Supplier LIst
- Track incoming raw material deliveries
- Complete resolution and compensation if required of all material Non-Conformances with the exception of internal Non-woven purchases
- Maintain item master including data such as current lead times, vendor part numbers, MOQ and other relevant purchasing information in SAP.
- Performs other duties as required.
• Ability to coordinate with cross functional groups including outside suppliers, sales, product development, operations and quality
• More than 5 years experience in purchasing, logistics and planning for a manufacturing operation in an ERP environment
• College degree preferred – B.S. or B.A. – but comparable experience level is acceptable in place of the degree
• Strong PC Skills
• Ability to work outside regular business hours as required
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Detailed and deadline oriented
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Full understanding of the MRP: Theoretical and Practical
• Ability to handle confidential information and communicate with all levels of management
Drug Screen and Background check required
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a drug free environment and Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
“LIKE” and “FOLLOW” us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TRCStaffingGreensboro/ and you will receive all new job alerts in your News Feed.