TRC Professional Solutions is looking to hire a Buyer/Planner to immediately work directly for our customer on a long-term, permanent (direct-hire) basis. They are a laboratory and pharmaceutical supply chain company, located in Buford, GA.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels by balancing the of maximizing overall service level, while achieving company defined inventory turn goals.
The Buyer/Planner will perform daily planning and buying of products to meet these inventory and service level goals. The Buyer/Planner will analyze alternate/available suppliers in the market for commodities and supplies they manage to identify opportunities for cost reductions, improved lead times, improved service, and optimization of inventory turns.
The buyer planner will utilize the internet and other available source to identify potential supplier for non-standard and newly identified items.
- Analyze current on hand, on order, and historical demand patterns to determine appropriate quantity and timing for replenishment orders
- Enters purchase orders into the company system in accordance with the company policies to ensure material delivery achieves schedule requirements.
- Communicates purchase requirements, revision levels and timing to the vendors following purchase order approval.
- Track purchase orders to address backorder issues.
- Communicate with internal customers over purchase order issues, expedite material as needed, and identify potential alternate suppliers where appropriate.
- Maintain acceptable inventory levels understanding the needs of multiple internal customers.
- Address pricing issues with accounting and correct accordingly.
- Analyze aging product for the purpose purging old/excess inventory.
- Liaison with the returns department and vendor regarding purchase discrepancies, manufacturer defects, warranties, and returning of product.
- Assists in the investigation into system errors, cycle count adjustments and part shortages.
- Utilize the internet and other available sources to identify potential supplier for non- standard and new items.
(Additional responsibilities and duties as needed and requested by management)
- College degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Management or other applicable discipline
- 2-3+ years procurement experience as a Buyer/Planner
- APICS/CPIM certification desirable
- Global Supply Chain experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets; Strong system aptitude required
- Understanding of forecast and replenishment theory, obtained through APICS or similar training coursework.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid knowledge and practical use of Forecasting and Inventory Planning tools.
- Strongly focused on internal customer satisfaction.
Please submit your resume to:
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their businesses and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a remarkable experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/