Contract/Proposal Specialist Needed in Welcome, NC
What in it for me?
- Steady Monday-Friday schedule
- Potential for Direct Hire placement
- Small, family-friendly office
- 40 hour work week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare moderate to complex business proposal responses to meet/exceed customer requirements to influence the customer of the competitive advantage of corporation s value-added services.
- Review various contracts as assigned against corporate standard terms to identify non-complaint terms and prepare redlines, contract summaries, and discuss findings.
- Identify formal proposal non-complaint terms and conditions, payment terms, quality, safety, applicable laws and communicate findings to the appropriate department for evaluation and RFP response
- Creation of new terms and agreements based upon Walker s standard terms or as directed by Management in support of customer or supplier requirements as assigned by Contracts Manager.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing proposal methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results to meet/exceed customer requirements and the corporation s policies and procedures.
- Understand all aspects of written formal proposal requests to include material requirements, applicable laws, quality, safety, payment terms and any existent customer standard terms.
- Understand the Government sector of the corporation, which requires absolute compliance, that is, applicable to the entire contents of the RFP. Strict compliance requirements must be well organized and planned to co-ordinate efforts to win proposal award. Interpreting and ensuring compliance with all necessary Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) clauses.
- Lead interactions with appropriate departments to assign tasks for specific information requested in the RFP and establish deadlines for information to be returned.
- Compile information and complete RFP s as accurately, as possible and submit final response to customer before the bid-opening date. Compile and source all products in RFP s. Seek extended validity terms with Manufacturer as needed. Keep records of those extended terms. Prepare spreadsheets with all pertinent data (including freight estimates and weights if needed). Prepare previous history data to make recommendations to sales on selling prices. Calculate all selling prices based upon Sales final approval of margins. Also confirm receipt of our bid package with the customer.
- Maintain records of corporate approvals for non-standard terms or special directives from management regarding company s position on proposal terms or contracts.
- Log completed RFP s on excel spreadsheet on the O drive. Record final bid award, if won or loss and gross profit by manufacturer. Perform post bid follow up and if awarded; then load all pricing in the Exception Pricing tool for the award.
- Monitor all cost changes during the life of a contract to meet a 30-day notification term to customer when applicable, so that Walker maintains an acceptable gross profit margin. For customer contracts awarded to Walker, the following will be completed: Pricing updates, Manufacturer Discontinued product notifications, term changes, rebates, expiration monitoring and renewal requests.
- Creative writing daily for unique bid preparation.
- Knowledge of the Government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other Government contracting regulations preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Aggressive individual with initiative and the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must possess excellent communication skills: both written and verbal.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking large volumes of work.
- Ability to: (1) Type; (2) Use a 10-key calculator.
- PC experience in Windows environment required; Intermediate Excel knowledge necessary.
Email Rachael.Moore@trcstaffing.com today!