LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30043
TRC Professional Solutions seeks a controls engineering to work with the customers, design teams and project manager to oversee the design of system solutions, including hardware and software that meet the customer's process requirements for a prototype machine or production systems. Manage the Controls and Electrical Engineering Team and complete projects successfully and satisfactorily.
• Developing, managing and/or maintaining controls software for production machines and processes specific to customer requirements.
• Ensure that systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
• Use thorough understanding of the operational processes of an organization in this truly multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including operations, purchasing and design.
• Develop applications in specific control disciplines such as advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). The applications may involve hard or soft PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, vision systems, and others, separately or together.
• Take complete technical responsibilities for smaller projects and work with minimum to no supervision.
• Debug and commission programs on the shop floor, and get the machine ready for SAT.
• Travel to customer sites & commission the machines with all external vendors and perform FAT.
• Perform all safety tests on machines and/or processes in adherence with safety protocols, based on customer location. Must be detailed with machine and/or process documentation.
• Work with other Controls Engineers in commissioning machines.
• Maintain and modify existing systems.
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving, providing advice and consultancy support.
• Writing computer software, purchasing required equipment.
• Developing new business proposals; accepting responsibility and a level of accountability appropriate with the seniority of the position.
• Program logic controllers in ladder, sequential graphs and/or statement lists. (Siemens, AB, Beckhoff, Pilz, etc.)
• Comprehensive understanding of control systems in terms of electrical, motion, pneumatic & hydraulic controls.
• Develop HMI systems for efficient process control, along with SCADA & MES. (WinCC, FactoryTalk, Xenon, etc.)
• Design, test and document safety systems for the machines, adhering to established country-specific requirements. (Pilz, AB, Siemens, etc.)
• Program industrial robots for applications in material handling, testing, machine tending, or as per process demands. (Fanuc, Adept, ABB, etc.)
• Integrate and commission servo drives and amplifiers into process automation for linear and/or rotary movements. (Siemens, Beckhoff, AB, SEW, Bosch, etc.)
• Design electrical drawings with AutoCAD, Eplan, and/or Visio.
• Read mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings.
• Experience with vision systems (Keyence, Cognex, etc.) and knowledge of different fieldbus systems and its implementation to perform duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent. (Desired but not required)
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing and developing software for complex high-volume production systems for automotive and/or pharmaceutical industry.
• Familiarity with GAMP 5 practices a plus. Understand budget requirements and project schedules. Technical writing for machine manuals. Accountable for project schedule and budget requirements.
• Able to travel to customer sites nationally and internationally. 30 – 40 % travel requirement.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/