Our customer a large privately hold company headquartered here in Georgia is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join their team on a long-term direct hire basis.
- Calculate and maintain all standard costs for the plant.
- Calculate estimated costs for all product development products.
- Attend daily manufacturing morning meetings. Lead the weekly operating report review and monthly financial report review.
- Proactively review operating and financial variance reports to identify areas of opportunity for improvement in operations and communicate with manufacturing team.
- Provide reports and data to manufacturing department heads to assist them in managing their department expenses (including, but not limited to spending reports, operating reports, and variance analyses).
- Lead and support daily financial training needs for the manufacturing team, including formal presentations for offsite meetings.
- Help prioritize improvement projects by quantifying potential returns.
- Aid in closing process by preparation of relevant journal entries for the plant, review of manufacturing variance reports for accuracy, and providing summary analyses of relevant variances and plant results.
- Reconcile raw material & WIP inventory accounts to perpetual at period end.
- Create and maintain slides for the manufacturing portion of the quarterly management review.
- Prepare fiscal year manufacturing budget package.
- Provide manufacturing variance forecast, as needed.
- Facilitate and maintain CAPEX reporting, including weekly cash flow forecast, monthly actual spending, monthly forecast for all facilities.
- Facilitate, calculate and maintain data for CIP reporting for all facilities.
- Assist operations in analysis of current performance and variance from standard/previous performance.
- Prepare financial justification for CAPEX projects and track achievement of approved CAPEX savings.
- Lead year-end physical inventories at plant and work with auditor(s) in review of the counts.
- Maintain fixed asset system for the company.
- Minimum education required: Accounting Degree or equivalent experience Minimum experience required: Three years accounting in manufacturing setting
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/