CHARLOTTE, NC 28269
Customer Service Representative
Serves customers by providing product and service information via telephone, website, fax and email. Resolves product and service problems, processes purchase orders and quotes ensuring accuracy for order fulfillment.
Essential Job Duties
• Answers inbound customer calls/emails relating to product/ service queries, claims, and accounts receivable queries.
• Creates/maintains customer accounts via ERP system (Dynamics AX).
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Create, issue, and manage the “Quote to Billing” process.
• Work with Sales Reps and Sales Managers as appropriate to prepare contract & applicable letters, including uploading into document housing systems.
• Prepare accurate files for contract order review pertinent details.
• Manage internal queries relating to order status, billing, credits, and compliance issues.
• Support ad-hoc initiatives with relevant groups, ensuring customer requests are successfully implemented.
• Spot trends and make recommendations for enhancing systems and procedures.
• May perform other duties as required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer/sales reps needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Oral Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
• Written Communication - Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; varie writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Education and Experience
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
• Prior work experience in sales support and/or customer service role in a technical environment preferred.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical abilities and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with order entry and order processing.