TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for an Engineering Manager for a growing utilities services firm to join their growing team in the Atlanta area.
Fantastic company and culture - the ideal place for an ambitious engineering professional looking for growth opportunities and tenure.
The Engineering Manager oversees all engineering activities and manages a team that supports all areas of the Client's core business. This includes engineering work required to execute projects, technical support for all new and existing products and projects and support of product development in cooperation with the Product Managers. The Engineering Manager is responsible for supporting the sales efforts for all services and products while functioning as the technical expert for the department.
- Develop personal expertise and the expertise of the engineering team in electric utility structural engineering and utility asset maintenance. This includes the strength and load aspects as well and maintenance and repair practices for all types of electric utility structures.
- Develop a thorough technical knowledge of all products and services and constantly train and develop the engineering team to support all aspects of the client's work.
- Active participation in national technical societies and standards organizations is expected. Speaking engagements that support business plans are encouraged.
- Support the efforts of the Business Development team and Product Managers to create healthy customer relationships and grow the use of our products and services.
- Support ongoing product development that focuses both on enhancements to existing products and development of new products and services at the direction of the Product Managers. This may involve calculations, research, testing, documentation and other tasks as agreed upon with the Product Managers to bring new products to market.
- Participate in the development of winning proposals with the Business Development and Contracts teams.
- Support marketing efforts with technical information to target specific market segments for products or services.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training initiatives.
- Assist with software product specifications, development, testing, training and sales.
- Develop and implement annual plans to improve personal and team performance and effectiveness.
- Contribute to other projects and plans, not specifically noted, necessary to minimize bureaucracy and redundant activities and to obtain the Company’s financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering required.
- Professional engineering license required. NCEES record is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in sales and/or a management position. Utility structural engineering experience a plus.
- Background and present responsibilities must substantiate leadership and self-motivational qualities.
- Willingness to travel overnight and work varied hours, when necessary, to achieve desired results.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/