Industry: Clerk General
Job Number: 10246
Facilities Maintenance Helper
- Participate in the installation of equipment, perform maintenance and repair work on campus facilities.
- Estimate need for and request the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining records of materials and equipment.
- Standard routine preventive maintenance functions of all air handling equipment such as belts, pulleys, filter coils, etc.
- Chemical testing and water treatment of all HVAC systems.
- Calibration and adjustment of electronic controls.
- Inspection of electric motor starters, over current protection and related equipment.
- Monitor equipment, pressures, temperatures, etc.
- Testing refrigerant level and adjusting.
- Efficiency testing of boilers and chillers.
- Lubrication of bearings, filtering and moving parts.
- Conducting oil and tube analysis.
- Balancing and adjustment of air velocities.
- Soldering and braying of piping and tubing.
- Attend training and safety seminars.
- Participate in the repair of various plumbing systems including but not limited to residential and industrial applications including a wide variety of plumbing fixtures, pumps, water heating systems, lift stations, underground utilities, etc.