Human Resources Generalist
Large insurance company seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join Charlotte, NC office. In addition to ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, this position is responsible for enabling management effectiveness through talent management, employee relations, and the delivery of targeted training programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Building Capability: (40%)
- Identify staffing requirements and sourcing strategies needed to meet the goals and objectives of client groups
- Drive the sourcing and the selection process for all assigned groups
- Cultivate leadership and ethical values in self and others through modeling and coaching
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assist in the administration, management and implementation of day to day activities
- Assist with internship program and other trainee programs as necessary
Execution of HR Initiatives: (40%)
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates or provides training (including new hire orientation) to the workplace.
- Communicate compensation and benefits plans and policies as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and complaints.
- Support and communicate employee relations practices that create a positive organizational
- culture and drive high performance
- Execute and monitor policies and procedures to ensure fairness and consistency
- Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field or relevant experience required
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resource experience (preferably in Insurance or Financial Services)
- Must have previous experience with Talent Management, Organizational development/effectiveness, Employee Relations, and Change Management
- Strong data management and computer software skills (e.g., Excel, Visio, Workday, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adhere to strict confidentiality standards
Competitive compensation and benefits package offered.