We are hiring for an Inside Sales Representative for a company located in Farmers Branch. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity that offers a starting salary of $38-$40k plus excellent benefits. We offer weekly pay, every Tuesday, and don' t hold a
week-in-the-hole. This position will work in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for their products. A candidate with a background or working knowledge of fiber optics is highly desirable. You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Developing and maintaining strong business relationships throughout the sales cycle is also a key characteristic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
• Managing and interpreting customer requirements
• Assisting clients with understanding what product will best satisfy their needs
• Calculating client quotations and in the design of custom-made products
• Analyzing costs and sales
• Preparing reports for management team
• Assist Sales Manager in meeting regular sales targets
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
• Solving client problems
• Providing training and producing support material for the sales and production team
• Determining improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials
• Complying regulatory requirements and industry standards and specifications as indicated by customer requirements, specifically any Corning Gold standards to be applied
• Ensure perfect entry of orders and resolve issues as required.
• Gain approval from sales management to provide billing adjustments.
• Key customer service contact for customers and/or service providers.
• Maintain key internal relationships including sales & marketing.
• Update customer master information.
• Process sample requests by following guidelines and approvals.
• Provide price confirmation to the customer, perform price verification between QuickBooks and customer PO, and maintain communication about pricing to sales management.
• Analyze data to identify and eliminate the root cause of related exceptions.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, other related fields or equivalent work experience in a similar environment.
Work Experience Requirements
• 3-5 years customer service / inside sales (not call center).
• Fiber optics/ cable design or assembly experience is preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Organized with refined follow-up skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications and accounting software; QuickBooks preferred.
Skill Requirements and Certifications
• Product knowledge and technical understanding of fiber optics/ copper cable assemblies
• Customer relations skills
• Working knowledge of industry standards and requirements
• Interpersonal communication and organization skills
• Data analysis skills
*• Teamwork orientation.
• Customer Focus.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Time management.
• Troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
TRC is an EOE