TRC has an amazing opportunity for an entry-level accountant or finance professional in the Charlotte, NC Area. This is a direct-hire opportunity with a family owned and operated organization.
The Staff Account will assist the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department, including the maintenance of the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and sub-systems on a timely basis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the application of effective internal control. Provide useful and relevant accounting and financial reporting services for the successful management of business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Assist with the month end closing of the general ledger, including standard journal entries, closing accounts receivable, rebate accrual and fixed assets. Review G/L preliminary and final close for assigned departments.
- Provide direct financial analysis and support to assigned departments including (a) assisting in preparation, management and control of normal budgetary expenses, (b) preparing budget review documentation for functional VPs for presentation to Leadership Team, (c) seeking cost reduction opportunities and quantifying cost savings, (d) providing variance analysis of actual results to forecasts, budget and prior periods, and (e) tracking expenses, discussing spending expectations with managers monthly and keeping managers aware of major expenditures.
- Serve as Fixed Assets Administrator, including full responsibility for Oracle Project, tracking status of projects, projecting depreciation expense for the budget, and all other day to day functions. Maintain project status on company website. Follow up on post project reviews when appropriate.
- Serve as administrator of the vehicle leasing program.
- Serve as administrator of the company s electronic capital appropriations request process, ensuring all necessary approvals are received before opening project in Oracle. Help maintain and monitor the proxies set up by users.
- Serve as invoicing coordinator
- Serve as T&E administrator. This entails managing new card applications, terminations and assisting users on expense reports.
- Serve as purchasing card administrator.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- 4-year degree (Accounting or Finance)
- 1-3 years experience required
- Manage rapidly changing priorities in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Individual should be thoroughly knowledgeable in the areas of general accounting and office administration. Individual should also have excellent communication skills.
- Individual should have excellent computer skills with both PC software such as spreadsheet and word processor applications and Client Server type Ledger systems such as Oracle.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/