LEXINGTON, SC 29072
Help set up and clean up the converting equipment in a manufacturing facility.
Machine Helpers report to the Converting Supervisor for the shift to which they are assigned.
Primary duties / responsibilities include:
- following all safety rules and practices;
- learn customer requirements and specifications by reading factory work orders, print cards, and design specifications;
put bundles coming off of conveyer into a stacking pattern/unitizing to go to shipping for shipment.
- coordinating activities with other machine crew members to efficiently set up and run orders;
- maintaining quality and production standards as required by the company;
- help operators performing set up functions; such as removing and attaching cutting dies, zeroing and opening / closing the machine, raising, autosetting, and lowering the prefeeder, setting the stacker and counter-ejector portions of the machine, recovering ink and washing ink filters, installing inks, cleaning, setting, and adjusting the glue application system, and completing paperwork
- continually monitoring the quality and quantity of production;
- using available time to prepare for set ups and runs
- performing assigned clean up functions, such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, sweeping the machine area, and picking up miscellaneous scrap;
- performing quality inspections and tests, and recording findings;
- following prescribed practices in all circumstances; and
- performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
The qualifications for Evol Helper are the ability to perform the duties / responsibilities of the job with or without accommodation; the ability to read, write, and speak English; the ability to accurately read a measuring tape and ruler; the ability to use basic shop math; the ability to learn; and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team.
Converting supervisors evaluate Evol Helper qualifications