LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30042
Machine Operator- Operation and set up production equipment.
• Observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and caliper as required.
• Adjust machine to control part process.
• Inspects "first part" and work pieces throughout the production run for out of tolerance machining.
• Fine tune machine settings for optimum performance.
• Clean and maintains machine, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition.(PM) Exercises special care to ensure the machine is running correctly as damage to a machine might be costly.
• Knowledge of using drill fixtures and jigs.
• Basic understanding of machining applications.
• Know how to setup machines for specific applications.
• Understanding of how to read blue prints.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
• Capable of handling material above 50 lb. with the assistance of hand trucks, lifts, conveyors and hoists.
• The ability to stand for long periods up to eight or more hours at a time.
• Able to work in noisy environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and the ability to distinguish between subsets of individual colors and quality of colors.
• Good eyesight (eyesight correction acceptable).
• Be able to work overtime if required. (including weekends)