Machine Operator needed for Engineering Company in Winston-Salem!
What You ll Get:
- Temp to Hire Opportunity
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Ability to work in smaller friendly environment
- Monday- Thursday 4:30pm-3am
Why should you work with TRC Staffing Services?
At TRC Staffing we are committed to helping our clients and employees find the best fit. TRC works hard to campaign for our employees and help them land the position. We want to help change our employees lives and provide them with an extraordinary experience unlike any other. TRC Staffing offers benefits for our employees including, holiday pay, longevity bonus, partial paid medical insurance, electronic time keeping and direct deposit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates assigned multiple spindle automatic screw machines to perform a limited range of rough and finish turning, facing, boring, drilling, reaming, tapping threading, forming, and similar machining operations.Performs the job of automatic screw machine operator with assistance, when required, from Team Leader, Troubleshooter, or Trainer/Mentor.
- Operates machines at correct feeds and speeds, following standard operating procedures, producing good pieces within acceptable quality control limits per drawings.
- Receives direction from Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor and works from detailed machine parts drawings, machine manuals, specifications, tool charts and instructions.
- As inspection of parts indicate, removes, sharpens, and resets tools, gauges work and makes machine adjustments as necessary. Sets up and assists in setup of the screw machine.
- Prior to operating screw machines at start of shift, moves parts produced by previous shift, if necessary, away from machines for pickup by the Material Handler or Shipping & Receiving personnel for transportation to be cleaned.
- Checks to see that there is sufficient bar stock in holder (stock reel) to proceed and that bar stock is correct for the parts ordered.
- May require close supervision of Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor to turn on machine and produce parts. Checks first part from each spindle produced for adherence to quality specifications. If pieces do not pass inspection, shuts off machines, and makes adjustments as needed. May call Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor to help in making correct adjustments to machines to produce good parts; starts up machine under close direction.
- Keeps bar stock holder (stock reel) full to prevent any run out of material and loss of productivity.
- Inspects and gauges parts as per manufacturing procedures. Notifies Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor if parts are falling outside of drawing tolerances, and unable to make necessary adjustments.
- Detects and reports faulty operations, defective material and equipment, drawing discrepancies and other unusual conditions to Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor.
- Maintains work place area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis, and performs a general machine and work area cleanup daily.
- Oils and greases machine, replaces coolant, and replaces drills, taps or inserts as required.
- Keeps machine free of chips.
- Makes out time, production, and quality reports as necessary.
- Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to stand throughout an 8 or 12 hour shift
- Must be able to bend forward, stretching forward, reaching into machine as needed to perform aforementioned job duties
- Visual acuity to read micrometers, inspect small part, and adjust tooling
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., ten times throughout shift
- Occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Able to read, write, and follow instructions in English
- Able to read blueprints
- Mechanical ability
- Be detail-oriented
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work extended hours, overtime, weekends, and alternate shifts as needed.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Drug Screen and Background check required
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a drug free environment and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TRCStaffingWinstonSalem/
and you will receive all new job alerts in your News Feed.