WIKA Instrument LP
WIKA Instrument LP is looking for a Dynamic Machine Set-Up Operator (1st Shift).
We are looking for a candidate who will deliver smooth production operation during their shift.
Are you the right candidate?
Do you have the skills to operate all functions as CTS Set-Up Operator and are you ready to work for a world market leader in pressure, temperature, and level measurement instrumentation?
We have an amazing opportunity for you...
Operation and set up production equipment.
- Sets the machine to make it ready for production run.
- Observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining or assembly, using precision measuring devices, as required, and performs visual inspections.
- Adjust machine to control part process.
- Inspects “first part” and work pieces throughout the production run for out of tolerance machining or assembly.
- Fine tunes machine settings for optimum performance.
- Cleans and maintains machine, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition.(PM) Exercises special care to ensure the machine is running correctly as damage to a machine might be costly.
- Performs changeovers, troubleshooting and basic maintenance/repairs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
See above and below
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist mechanics and machinists in repair work.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Capable of handling material above 50 lb. with the assistance of hand trucks, lifts, conveyors and hoists.
- The ability to stand for long periods up to eight or more hours at a time.
- Able to work in noisy environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and the ability to distinguish between subsets of individual colors and quality of colors.
- Good eyesight (eyesight correction acceptable).
- Be able to work overtime if required. (including weekends)
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots. (PPE)