Carrollton, TX 75006
Machine Setup Technician
We are hiring for a Machine Setup Technician in Carrollton, TX. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity that will offer a starting wage of $18-$32/hr. Candidates should have a minimum of 3+ years of related experience and provide verifiable employment references,
Position Summary: Machine setup technician will be responsible for moving, assembling, testing, starting, operating, adjusting, and monitoring of several production lines in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices. Machine setup technician must be able to read and interpret BOM notes to setup production equipment and to perform basic preventative machine maintenance and troubleshooting for several production lines, as well as assist production areas with intake of raw materials used for certain production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Comply with current SOP’s and GMP’s
• Request, check and stage incoming raw material for batch tickets for production
• Assemble and disassemble different machines on the inside and outside of the production floor as needed
• Maintains equipment, change parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level
• Anticipates needed equipment, parts, and supplies for production line
• Understand the process flow and step-by-step requirements for manufacturing
• Technical comprehension of mechanical functions and controls for filling equipment
• Perform changeovers and adjustments to bring machines to optimal production conditions
• Perform basic maintenance/controls, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
• Ability to work accurately and timely to meet the necessary goals for production
• Overtime is mandatory when business conditions require additional hours
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school education; or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Specifically to identifying problem, developing solution, and execution of remedy and elevate to management if necessary
No Computer skills needed.
Certificates and Licenses:
Fork lift certification preferred but not required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.