Materials Distribution Specialist
Global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services is seeking a Materials Distribution Specialist to join their new Charlotte Warehouse. The Materials Distribution Specialist receives materials into the warehouse, picks customer orders and packs materials for shipment. May perform Inventory Control responsibilities to resolve parts discrepancies. May fill work orders for kits to be built in warehouse assembly area. Job tasks completed in warehouse environment.
- Process incoming orders (pull order tickets from the AS400 system) New orders generated every 15 minutes
- Pull orders from the Warehouse - Items average in weight 5 to 10 lbs - Some items may be bulky and weigh 40 lbs.
- Average of 100 items a day will be pulled
- Rack parts in appropriate container for shipping-
- Items will be shipped by processing a shipping order into the system - This will generate the invoice
- Maintain cycle counts on a weekly basis
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of warehouse experience
- May be required to drive a forklift, 4-6 months preferred. Must be willing to get certified
- Basic math and analytical skills to read and understand customer pick orders, supplier pack slips, record and analyze data using AS400 and data entry
- Must be able to carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be flexible with overtime as needed
- Working knowledge of material distribution and inventory control (Kanban and just-in-time replenishment)
- Strong orientation toward safety and quality
- Ability to work well under pressure