Liberty, SC 29657
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Production Planner will work with management to coordinate and plan production activities. This role will release orders, manage materials, plan production tasks and schedules according to customer orders. This position ensures goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner
CORE POSITION JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Daily review and planning of customer demand versus current production schedule and make updates and corrections as required in cooperation with manufacturing leaders.
2. Daily review and planning of customer demand versus current production schedule and make updates and corrections as required in cooperation with manufacturing leaders.
3. Fully support and communicate with the manufacturing team to achieve production schedule.
4. Forecast of future production capacity required to meet customer demand 3 weeks in the future Identification of potential raw material shortages and escalates to responsible personnel for resolution and changes to production schedule
5. Work as a resource to customer service to provide production/shipping dates when requested
6. Process and schedule into production sample orders (Engineering, Quality, Replacement Part orders)
7. Supports customer service and sales departments when required.
8. Communicate with our customers planning organization to clarify schedules and demand changes as required.
9. Maintain planning parameters in ERP system.
10. Analyzes and manages inventory levels in relation to customer requirements, maintaining the company’s turn rate targets.
11. Responsible for daily order and Production scheduling to meet customer requirements.
12. Production and materials must be scheduled appropriately to ensure production is not delayed or stopped.
EDUCATIONAL OR OTHER HIRING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
High level of responsibility related to materials planning to ensure customer satisfaction
Degree in technical related field or experience as acquired in 3-5 years of a similar operations related role
3-5 years in a Production Planning position
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines
Ability to fully function in role within 6 months of hire
Ability to support The Company’s goals and mission
Ability to build effective partnerships within the business community
Must use excellent ethical business practices and good judgment in dealings
Experience in a similar Production Planning role
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Six Sigma training
Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment