Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Maintain the overall supply chain strategy
- Implement new processes and technology to gain efficiencies and reduce costs
- Increase ease of doing business experience with customers.
- MRP optimization
- Implement Supply Chain tune-up initiatives by reducing lead times and improved transportation management.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships both domestically and internationally
- Create an inventory management plan to reduce costs while maintaining necessary quantities on hand.
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Work closely with customer service to enhance customer s experience with expedites, reduced lead times, stocking packages, etc.
- Work closely with internal departments, vendors and customers to exceed customer expectations.
- Create vendor rating system and address any issues with vendor performance
- Complete other projects as requested by management
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Education: Bachelor s Degree or higher
- Experience: 3-5+ years experience preferably in a distribution environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player mentality
- Microsoft Suite skills
- ERP and MRP experienced required
- Sage or SAP experience strongly preferred