TRC Staffing Services in Perimeter is looking for a Purchasing Buyer for our client in Alpharetta, GA.
This is a Monday-Friday opportunity, 9am-6pm.
The pay rate ranges from $50k-$60k depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and processes purchase orders for goods and services, with an individual level of authority of up to $50,000. Purchase orders exceeding this amount must be approved by management.
- Completes daily stock buy report for assigned vendors, categories and ATC branches in a timely manner.
- Interacts directly with vendors regarding purchasing procedures, status of orders, price discrepancies, quantity changes, cancellation of orders, returns, lead times, and back ordered stock.
- Investigate and resolve under minimum order issues, combine 10 and stock orders to save freight where directed.
- Maintains records in accordance with established procedures, policies and audit/compliance guidelines.
- Validates vendor invoices and resolves any discrepancies.
- Performs stock transfers, explores transfer opportunities for moving slow and obsolete inventory.
- Review and resolve RDR's, open order reports, and usage exception flags.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to analyze sales history data and make intelligent purchasing decisions.
- Ability to resolve issues and concerns that are not black and white.
- Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
- Data entry skills, Microsoft Office suite including Outlook 365, WORD and EXCEL
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- High School diploma, some college preferred.
Targeted Skills: buyer, sales, inventory, purchase, order management