Summary/Objective: The QC Tech will verify and monitor various quality and/or production systems through both direct observation and paperwork review, while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct quality packaging line checks to verify adherence to specifications
- Audit Production Blending Operation for accurate formulation process confirmation
- Verification of sanitation operations for production areas, packaging lines, equipment, utensils, et al.
- Inspection and approval of production activities at start-ups & changeovers
- Inspect Raw Material and Components
- Participate in Organoleptic evaluations to Product batches/lots
- Examine and assess Production Equipment against performance criteria (e.g. scale)
- Quarantine Non-Conforming Products and/or Materials (locate, placard, update computer status)
- Inform Quality Supervision of any discovered non-conformities
- Compliance to and Enforcement of all GMPs
- Perform metal detector and/or functionality checks
- Audit rework operations as instructed
- Review all BPR documentation for Blending and/or Packaging Operation
- Pull, review, release, and assign labels as dictated by the packaging batch record to production
- Swab equipment & perform test analysis on utensils, vessels, production areas, et al.
- Perform and document Chlorine Test for Organic Compliance as required
- Pull, & prepare samples to be stored (retains), and/or to be shipped to 3rd party laboratory or customer.
- Train other QC Techs on departmental job functions
- Comply with all safety and SOP procedures
- Ability to work weekends and/or overtime.
- Gathering and/or sending customer requested documents
- Prepare samples for analytical and microbiological testing
- Collect, collate and analyze test result data
- Build and Expand knowledge base of Quality Systems and Principles
- Communicate and correspond in a clear, concise and professional manner
Essential Functions Communication (Speech & Composition):
Expression of a level to communicate fluently with employees, customers and others, in English, to obtain and provide complex information. Vocalize and explain detailed data and problem- solve, both in-person and by telephone. Capable of interpretation of technical materials, oral presentations of reports and able to adapt vocabulary, tone and content for listener.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience using a computer
- Capacity to learn
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work and stay on task with little supervision
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous job experience in Quality position and/or function
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Experience in production control and production planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Discriminating sense of both taste and smell