Job Number: 000005588
RECYCLING COORDINATOR 1st shift
Responsible for maintaining an effective recycling program for WIKA Instrument Corporation to ensure we receive the maximum dollar amount for our recycled goods
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBITIES OF JOB:
- Manually picks up scrapped goods from manufacturing production cells and delivers to recycling department via a pallet jack or forklift.
- Transports scrap material internally and coordinates external transportation through approved vendors
- Lifts the scrap material onto work bench, disassembles scrapped goods for recycling using multiple hand tools (screwdriver, hammers, pry bars, chisels) and sorts material into designated containers according to material composition.
- Maintains bulk containers for recycled material pick-up from vendors. Operates forklift and pallet jack to load containers onto Commercial Vehicles. Operates scale to determine final shipment weight.
- Maintains clean and safe work area
- Performs preventative maintenance and operates power floor scrubber per schedule.
- Trains additional staffing in recycling operations as needed
- Assists with production line setup and relocation as needed
- Assists with janitorial duties, painting, plumbing and floor marking as needed
- Operates Company Vehicle to pick up maintenance parts and materials as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Familiarity with different types of materials, i.E. Brass, aluminum, stainless steel, general steel, plastic etc. Preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions is required
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools is required
- Previous Fork Lift and Power Machinery operation preferred
- Previous facilities maintenance experience preferred
- Must have valid Georgia Driver’ s License
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.