LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30043
We are currently searching for a Regional Sales Manager for our client company in the Greater Atlanta Area (Gwinnett County, GA). The ideal candidate will be an Automation and Machinery Sales Representative, you are a member of a sales team responsible for executing the company sales plan, including assisting with quoting automation projects and machines. You are in charge of promoting company products and solutions, selling the company’s manufacturing and automation systems at the best possible profit margins, positioning as the leading and most respected Automation Engineering and Equipment Manufacturing Company. This job directly works to position the company for growth, developing new opportunities in assigned regions or selected market sectors and meeting quarterly and annual bookings targets.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Sales and Business Development Strategy
• Travel throughout the region and the United States as required to proactively maintain and promote the capabilities of company; work with customers to determine initial concepts and feasibility of potential automation and contract MFG projects.
• Identify, prospect and close new sales opportunities within his/her assigned account and territory base.
• Assist with creating and continue to cultivate and build the target customer list, focusing sales efforts on these targets.
• Build and grow relationships with current customers and target customers, focusing on forming key relationships and working with multiple departments and people in each organization.
• Develop strategic sales and marketing plans (capture plans) for each account and prospective clients in conjunction with overall segment and organizational objectives.
• Engage with the client on a technical level to understand the client’s specific requirements, and in turn be able to present viable solutions.
• Work in partnership with Applications Engineering, other engineering groups and your supply chain, to devise and present the optimum manufacturing/automation solution for clients.
• Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material-handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
• Act as first level customer liaison in all customer/company transactions and maintain
high level of customer satisfaction.
• Participate in contract negotiations, including technical specification, financial terms and delivery.
• Planning and preparation of sales presentations, close sales and prepare order documentation.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) or a degree in a manufacturing field or equivalent experience.
• A secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
Must have Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years’ successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation machines in a manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience quoting/application support for automation projects.
• Demonstrated “Hunter” mentality when it comes to identifying prospects and turning them into clients.
• Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell, and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
• Must exhibit self-directness, independence and an extremely proactive approach.
• Strong presentation skills in order to present to internal stakeholders and existing and potential clients to sell technical concepts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
• The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, analytical, organizational, communication, follow up and people skills.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills, representing the company's long-term business requirements on multi-year contracts.
Please submit your resume to: