White, GA 30184
Our customer is currently seeking a SQL DBA to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
The DBA works in conjunction with the System Administration team utilizing tools for monitoring and alerting and product specific administration. Responsibilities in this position requires hands-on skill in SQL Server Products and general hands-on knowledge in Windows Server administration. The Database Administrator will work very closely with the System Administration and Application Support teams. The incumbent may be required to work on major national holidays as needed since those are the only available maintenance windows in the facility.
• Ensure database connectivity from applications and devices on premise and offsite are healthy and free of errors so that mission critical application can run 24x7.
• Adhere to change management policy
• Trouble shoot any database related problems working closely with Application and System Administration teams while providing status to IT Manager.
• Design and maintain database redundancy while working to minimize database downtime and service interruptions.
• Proactively maintain database servers by monitoring and tuning.
• Ensure proper backups of all databases are done in a timely manner to ensure that recovery operations can be done as quickly as possible in the event of a systems failure.
• Keep database system documentation and topology diagrams current.
• Participate in Incident Management process when it is related to database issue.
• Mentor, educate, and train other team members and Helpdesk staff in day to day tasks as needed.
• Keep IT Manager informed of product life cycle and collaborate on annual budget for proper system maintenance/replacement and needed support contracts.
• Maintain optimal database performance through tuning and system optimization.
• Occasionally, work on weekends for database maintenance as needed.
• Provide after hour call support for database issues.
• Perform necessary security updates.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience or an Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience. A solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and other database server systems and technologies and best practices. a MCSA: SQL Server certification is preferred, but not required.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/
Please submit resume to email@example.com