Operations Safety Engineer
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Shift: M-F 8:30-5:00
TRC s client who is a global manufacturing organization has an immediate need for a Safety Engineer to join their team! We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about safety and early in their career seeking more experience. If you are self-motivated and enjoy solving problems with a team this is the role for you! Come gain the global experience all while working in GA!
The Day to Day:
- Review EH&S programs, policies, forms, manuals and procedures to ensure they up-to-date and effective.
- Provide review of SDS sheets for OSHA and environmental compliance and help maintain the chemical storage database.
- Assist in the coordination for industrial hygiene and annual audiogram testing.
- Provide review evaluations for new or modified equipment for safety compliance with regulations and REI safety specifications.
- Conduct daily routine inspections to maintain safe work conditions to help Operations comply with regulatory requirements.
- Perform monthly safety auditing to identify and evaluate workplace hazards, documenting observations in reports for management communication, review, and action.
- Assist in the investigation to determine the root cause for safety incidents; recommend corrective actions to Operations management for sufficient long-term solutions to prevent reoccurrence. Help follow-up to ensure actions taken are complete and meet OSHA and internal safety requirements.
- Conduct safety training to support Operations. Create training materials and presentations when needed.
- Must be available to assist and/or respond, when required, to 24-hour emergency calls which may include employee injuries, industrial accidents, natural disasters, power failures, fires, spills, etc. and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of employees and safeguarding of property.
What you Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in safety, environmental engineering, science or chemical engineering or (or equivalent combination of education and experience) with 2-4 years' experience working in safety role in manufacturing or construction environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge and the practical application of EH&S engineering, with emphasis on safety.
- Understanding of OSHA injury and illness prevention and federal, state and local laws and regulations governing safety, health, and the environment.
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving, project management, presentation, and math skills.
- Must be team oriented with very good written and verbal communication skills and enjoy providing on-the-floor support to Operation groups.
- Professional certifications preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/