The Senior Lead Engineer role within the Production Design group at our client will work within a team of three engineers that will drive new production equipment, systems, and process projects from conception to implementation. The role specifically has two vital tasks in the innovation process:
- Understanding problems the chain will face in speed, space, complexity, capacity, and Team Member experience.
- Imagining possible solutions to the problems, converging on the most valuable ones.
This engineer needs to be skilled and comfortable influencing and communicating to cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization.
A chief contribution will be to utilize disciplined principles of engineering analysis, problem-solving, and innovative design. Position must be able to understand current state-of-the art food-industry equipment designs and apply innovative, forward-thinking design initiative prior to the need being explicitly stated or identified.
- Directly lead new equipment design and development projects
- Contribute to projects when they are outside the designated phases
- Provide leadership and influence to a broad range of cross-functional partners
- Identify barriers, bottlenecks, and pain points to continued profitable growth, prioritize problems to solve, and imagine robust solutions to meet business objectives.
- Lead collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects meet all business needs and are successfully executed within constraints
- Communicate well with and influence non-technical business disciplines through the explanation and adoption of technology as applied to menu and operational strategies
- Serve multiple up and downstream partners to accomplish goals of varied stakeholders.
- Candidate will be required to leverage their skills as an individual contributor and in a technical leadership capacity
- Will be responsible for aligning strategy and work output with various cross-functional disciplines including, but not limited to, other teams within Production Design, Development, Supply Chain, Kitchen Design, Culinary Commercialization, and Field Ops
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- At least 5 years of work experience in one of the following areas: Lean, IE, or Process Engineering
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership to mentor peers
- Ability to work with wide latitude for unreviewed action or decision on most outcomes
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Advanced project management skills demonstrated
- Excellent communication, relational, and team skills to enable interaction with restaurant team members, as well as corporate peers and leaders
- Knowledge to produce and maintain technical specification documents on both process and equipment improvement opportunities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that include both technical and non-technical aptitudes
- Ability to move work forward in an environment of urgency
- Experience with and an aptitude toward work involving applied research to explore and define technically vague concepts with the ability to apply them to executable projects
- Master of Science in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Industrial) or MBA
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- Prior experience in a food processing environment
- People management experience with an engineering team in a professional environment
Years of Experience: 5 Travel: 20%
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/