COLUMBIA, SC 29201
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (may vary)
Pay Rate: $17-$20/hr.
The Senior Loan Closer
The Senior Loan Closer will be responsible for ensuring closing documents are appropriate and accurate as required by investors to affect salability, insurability and enforceability of Correspondent Lending products.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
• Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience closing Fannie Mae loans as well as knowledge of loan programs and products of other investors
• Working knowledge of industry standard mortgage origination, processing and closing software
• General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending documents, practices and regulations. Specific knowledge of RESPA, TIL, and Integrated Disclosure guidelines
• Ability to work in a fast pace and deadline driven environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills.
• Interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
• Work independently under minimal supervision.
The Senior Loan Processor
The Senior Loan Processor will provide quality customer service by obtaining necessary documentation for underwriting the loan file, ordering third party documentation, communicating directly with the customer and/or loan officer in a professional and effective manner to obtain necessary documentation, and provide proper disclosure as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 6 years' experience in residential mortgage processing including recent processing experience
• Knowledge of RESPA guidelines. General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending practices and regulations. Understanding of Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements, as well as loan documents.
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Superior organizational skills and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills