Industry: Clerk Inventory,Shipping/Receiving
Job Number: 000005321
TRC Staffing is seeking a Shipping / Receiving Clerk in the McDonough area. A Shipping / Receiving Clerk is responsible for the scheduling and documentation of all inbound and outbound traffic. You must prepare records of receipts and shipments including Bills of Lading, Manifests, Advanced Shipping Notices and receiving documents.
Shipping / Receiving Clerk Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Schedules all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Maintains control of yard ensuring adequate equipment is on site, including empty and full container control, spotting, switching, etc. Makes yard and dock location assignments.
- Reviews inbound paperwork for completeness and confirms availability of ASN’ s. Notifies appropriate staff of problems, unexpected or improperly documented receipts.
- Creates and maintains orderly files and receipt records of all inbound product.
- “ OPENS” containers in the Warehouse Management System.
- Prepares “ over/short/damage” reports and forwards to Corporate Traffic.
- Confirms closing of outbound loads. Issues and controls numerical sequence of seals / padlocks.
- Prepares all shipping related documentation, including Bills of Lading, Manifests and ASN’ s, as required and files of such.
- Assures adequate supplies are on hand to perform daily activities.
- Physically receive and document receipt all non-product expense items.
- May move expense items on dock with hand truck.
- Must work closely with supervisor to coordinate loading and unloading of trucks to ensure timely delivery of product
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Shipping / Receiving Clerk Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness
- 1+ years of shipping experience preferred
- Distribution background is a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) is required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be comfortable communicating on both the computer and telephone
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required
Keywords: data entry, shipping, receiving, shipping and receiving, logistics, warehouse logistics, clerical, distribution, warehouse operations