Direct Hire opportunity for a Software Engineer!
70k - 85k
Our client is an industry leader in real-time, high speed railway inspection systems and services. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in support of the growth of our North American business unit.
The Software Engineer will design, develop and maintain software components reporting directly to our engineering manager and collaborating with our group company in Italy to achieve the company’s objectives.
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS Degree in Software or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in real time software development using C++, C, MFC in Windows
- Knowledge and experience in GUI development for data presentation (real time charts) and data reporting, network communications, multithreading
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to clearly communicate software designs and related topics, by means of written documents
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to suppliers and customers as needed (up to 20%)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, medical evaluation and drug screen
- Detailed design and development of software components with a real-time system
- Design and implementation of functional tests of software modules
- Design and development of testing software tools for service applications
- On-site testing and debugging
- Ensure software controls are maintained for all source code
- Ensure software development is implemented according to ISO 9001:2015 standards and company procedures and guidelines
- Interface with customers in support of software engineering development projects • Support company service and quality initiatives.
- Experience in software technical support and remote troubleshooting
- Experience with railways applications and track safety standards
- Development experience in DOS and TI DSP
- Experience in cloud computing