TRC is now hiring for Software Engineer
Job Description: TRC is now hiring for a Software Engineer to design, develop, and maintain application software for land mobile radio (LMR) products. Develop software from low-level device interaction to user interface in C++. Architect and design software for new products leveraging public safety communications protocols.
Location: Melbourne, FL
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Pay Rate: Negotiable/DOE
Hours: Monday - Friday
Type: This is a Direct Hire permanent career opportunity.
- Design and architect support for new line of radio products and applications
- Maintain current line of products including bug fixes and implementing customer-requested features and enhancements
- Assist in optimizing, adapting, and porting current software architecture to new product platforms
- Work closely with the hardware team to provide design feedback based on software limitations
- Analyze and understand technical impact of requirements
- Create high-level and detailed designs that meet all requirements
- Implement software designs in a manner consistent with system architecture
- Integrate software modules and subsystems with other system elements
- Test and debug software at modular and system level
- Verify and validate implementations to system requirements
- Prepare internal and end-user documentation and training material
- Support internal and external customers of products and applications
- Maintain and enhance software of existing products and systems
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in the software development field
- Proficiency in writing software in modern C++.
- Experience with architecting large object-oriented codebases.
- Experience in developing software for embedded Linux platforms.
- Must be self-motivated and able to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Experience using version control software (Git).
- Experience using bug tracking software (Jira).
- Experience in embedded software development using a real-time operating system.
- Experience with public safety two-way radios.
- Experience with digital signal processing
- Experience with board bring-up (bootloaders, Linux kernel, device drivers, device-tree, filesystems).
- Experience with PCB schematic and layout documents.
- Experience with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to test and debug embedded systems.
- Familiarity or experience with Java and Python.
- Familiarity or experience with build utilities
- Familiarity with APCO P25 standards.
- Familiarity with TI OMAP platforms.
- Familiarity with LTE/FirstNet standards
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any question please call our office at: 321-877-0800
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Drug Screen and Background check required
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a drug free environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
“LIKE” and “FOLLOW” our TRC Staffing – Daytona/Merritt Island Facebook page and you will receive all new job alerts in your News Feed