Industry: Electrical Assembly
Job Number: 000005058
To join components using resistive and/or inductive soldering equipment in multiple production cells as assigned.
- Operates from Work Instructions (WI), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’ s) and Verbal instructions.
- Selects required fixtures, and parts.
- Allows for the effect of heat to produce true and leak-free solder joints. Responsible for quality control. Rejects non-conforming product.
- Performs basic equipment adjustments based on material variations
- Takes necessary precautions to eliminate the possibilities of fire or burns to others in the area.
- Performs soldering operations to meet quality and production goals
- Performs equipment changeovers as needed
- Communicates with operators from other shifts.
- Cleans and maintains work area (5S)
- Assists in troubleshooting soldering equipment
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES: (Answer the question: “ What less essential duties, tasks, and shared responsibilities is this job linked to as part of the WIKA team, yet is not a significant or key part of this job?”)
See above and below
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Answer the question: What would the job/person profile of a successful candidate be in terms of education, training, certification, work experience, job skills, industry knowledge, etc.?”)
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Georgia Work Ready Bronze Certification required
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods up to eight or more hours at a time
- Able to work in noisy environment.
- Good eyesight (eyesight correction acceptable).
- Be able to work overtime if required. (including weekends)
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots. (PPE)