To join components using open flame soldering and/or brazing in multiple production cells as assigned.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Operates from Work Instructions (WI), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Verbal instructions.
- Selects required fixtures and parts.
- Allows for the effect of heat to produce true and leak-free solder joints. Responsible for quality control. Rejects non-conforming product.
- Performs basic equipment adjustments based on material variations
- Takes necessary precautions to eliminate the possibilities of fire or burns to others in the area.
- Performs soldering operations to meet quality and production goals
- Performs equipment changeovers as needed
- Communicates with operators from other shifts.
- Cleans and maintains work area (5S)
- Assists in troubleshooting soldering equipment
- Provides on the job training to new employees
- Performs ancillary duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: