Hiring - Technical Service Supervisor
We are hiring for a Technical Service Supervisor for a company located in Carrollton, TX. This is a Direct Hire opportunity that offers a starting salary of $80k-$90k plus benefits.
Position Summary: The Technical Services Supervisor is in charge of assisting the Technical Services Manager with hiring, training, leading, monitoring, and developing the technical services staff. The technical services department works closely in a team based approach with other departments to provide technical expertise in identifying, sourcing, designing, pricing, implementing the use of, and maintaining essential equipment for current and future plant operations projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Technical Services Manager, schedules and supervises all maintenance technicians and monitors their productivity.
- Coordinates with Production Managers to Schedule and execute daily machine changeovers in a manner that minimizes overall line downtime.
- Supervises activities in support of internal maintenance and repair functions for the property.
- Assures that organization of maintenance shop is maintained to established parameters.
- In conjunction with Technical Services Manager, develops and maintains spare parts inventories in support of operational readiness in the most cost effective manner possible,
- Works with technical services manager to develop, plan, and implement predictive maintenance procedures to ensure reliable operational performance of company equipment and processes within targeted objectives.
- Inspects equipment for operational standards and ensures all preventative maintenance procedures are followed.
- Leads a team of technicians to resolve maintenance issues. Provides proactive recommendations and evaluations of measures intended to improve operating efficiency and equipment reliability.
- Inventories and orders maintenance related materials, supplies, and services in needed quantities in the most cost efficient manner possible.
- Proactively suggests and implements approved processes for cost reduction opportunities regarding staffing, manufacturing process, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitors and supervises contract maintenance technicians while on site.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provide is training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provide
- regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents.
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
- Calculate figures and amounts i.e. discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, circumference and volume.
- MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
TRC is an EOE