WIKA Instrument LP
WIKA Instrument LP is looking for a Dynamic Manufacturing Mechanical Supervisor 2nd Shift– Direct Hire Opportunity!
We are looking for a candidate who will deliver smooth production operation during their shift.
Are you the right candidate?
Do you have the skills to supervise a production line and are you ready to work for a world market leader in pressure, temperature, and level measurement instrumentation?
We have an amazing opportunity for you...
As a privately held company for more than 60 years, WIKA stands for tradition, continuity, sustainability and community. Working at WIKA means: reliability, belonging to a team, and professional development. It also means benefiting from the many advantages of working for a large company, one which values its staff, their families and their future.
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure smooth production operation during shift.
- Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Train and coach production line of 6-8 employees and managing for CTS Machines
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Perform duties within guidelines of company hiring process.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Driving Daily Improvements (DDI)
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and special instructions (SIs)
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment. (5S)
- Complete shift paper work. (SQDC)
- Assist in production as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES: See above and below
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Georgia Work Ready Silver Certificate required.
- Three to five years of manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Needs to be highly mechanical, trouble machine problems
- Knowledge of electronics and pneumatics
- Experience managing employees
- Knowledge of MS Office, must be proficient in Excel and Word.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to analyze problems and problem resolution skills
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning and problem solving techniques to solve work related problems.
- Ability to locate information with workplace graphs, charts, tables, forms, flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, maps and instrument gauges
- Excellent interpersonal / written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
- The ability to stand for long periods up to eight or more hours at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and the ability to distinguish between subsets of individual colors and quality of colors.
- Good eyesight 20/30 (eyesight correction acceptable).
- Lean Manufacturing Experience required.
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots. (PPE)