TRC has an immediate need for a Document Coordinator in the Greensboro, NC area to work on a permanent basis for a leading company in the Food Production Industry. Previous experience in the Food Industry is a Must.
DOCUMENT COORDINATOR (FOOD INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
As a Regulatory Document Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing, reviewing, and approving food and nutrition labeling for all company products. The Regulatory Manager will support our export division and be a point of contact for all departments by providing regulatory information and facilitating compliance. This role is further responsible for maintaining the regulatory information within the company assigned product lines, and analyzing product specifications, nutritional reports, and allergens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate, and maintain compliance processes related to ingredients, product formulas, packaging, labels, labeling claims, specifications, and nutrition information.
- Apply federal, state, and local regulations for both existing and new product development.
- Independently develops nutritional information, ingredient declarations, allergen statements, net weight claims, and other food labeling using nutrition labeling software.
- Analyze nutrition information and assess the accuracy of product information.
- Review and approve artwork, graphics, and text to ensure regulatory requirements and technical accuracy with a high level of detail.
- Manage all phases of the label change process, including product specifications, allergen documents, etc.
- Maintain product labeling records and regulatory documentation.
- Create and update costs sheets as required.
- Analyze nutrition information and communicate cross functionally the necessary information to comply with company requirements.
- Maintain regulatory documents and provide updates to the team, as needed.
- Provide other regulatory updates, training, and support as needed.
- Provide food labeling expertise and collaborate cross functionally with other departments to leverage regulations to help the company be competitive in the marketplace.
- Develop new product names and claims and provide creative options and solutions to assist the brand.
- Identify labeling concerns and communicate to the product development team.
- Answer labeling compliance questions.
- Review and approve nutrition information and ingredient declarations to other departments.
- Independently develop and execute strategies for providing export documentation.
- Identify opportunities to deliver regulatory information more efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities.
- Assist in developing and providing cross functional training regarding new/changed labeling regulations.
- Support the updating of appropriate food labeling policies and procedures within the company by providing research.
- May participate in trade or professional associations, such as those that represent the food industry and organizations related to food science and/or regulations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current food labeling regulations.
- Anticipate regulatory changes and trends.
- Attends webinars, conferences, and training as needed to stay current in regulatory knowledge.
- BS Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of related experience in consumer food packaged goods or regulatory affairs.
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA food labeling regulations, menu labeling laws, and documentation requirements
Hours will be 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Please submit your resume to: