Industry: Help Desk
Job Number: 000004926
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, has an immediate need for a PC Technician to join their team for a contract to hire opportunity in the Louisville Kentucky area.
This position provides support to users of information technology systems. Handle PC hardware/Printers/RF Guns/software builds and upgrades. Is responsible for day to day administrative functions of local computer systems including printers and RF Guns as required. Also responsible for coordinating the escalation and resolution of problems with other Information Technology staff members. This is a Friday-Monday shift, 10 hour days. Flexible in and out hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provides direct support to employees and clients (customer) on all technologies in use and supported by the IT department. Maintains friendly and helpful demeanor with customers at all times. Meets or exceeds departmental response time goals.
- Uses system designated by departmental management to track user requests for assistance. Follows specified procedures on the use of said system. Monitors the Helpdesk Ticket queue and fulfills requests in a timely and courteous manor.
- Coordinates with other IT staff members as appropriate for the resolution of problems. Proactively seeks assistance from other staff members as required to quickly resolve customer problems.
- Observes company guidelines with regard to copying of software and advises departmental management when any illegal use of software is discovered.
- Delivers, picks up, and/or ships equipment to repair vendors as required. Tracks such activities in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Notifies departmental management in writing when any equipment is relocated within the company, including serial numbers, original location of equipment and new location of equipment.
- Enforce and comply with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- Promptly advises departmental management of any situation that will cause a substantial delay in the resolution of a customer problem.
- Answers help desk calls live when possible.
- Responds promptly to voice messages left in the help desk mailbox and confirms receipt to the customer with an estimate of resolution time where possible.
- Configures supports and repairs all desktops, monitors, printers and RF scanner guns in the office and warehouse.
- Manages and utilizes Ghost server for desktop/laptop imaging.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of IT equipment.
- Notifies Sr. IT staff member to issues involving critical business systems that may cause business impacting outages.
- Required to relocate computer equipment frequently.
- Work with Systems Administrators to support DHCP, DNS, Mail, Operating systems and production application configurations.
- RF Gun Support
- Assist with Wireless Support issues
- Provides support for local phone systems as necessary.
- Familiar with quick PC build-out processes such as Ghost.
- Available for on-call needs when applicable
- Other task as request by IT management
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office/warehouse environment. Requires the ability to walk around the warehouse, prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interact with other associates in meetings and/or via phone, and lifting of technical equipment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor' s degree (BS) in Computer Science preferred.
- One to five years related experience with desktops and servers preferred. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
Please submit resumes to dalas.Burns@trcstaffing.ComPRO*
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’ s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.Trcprofessionalsolutions.Com/