About the Opportunity:
TRC's client in Norcross, GA is seeking a Transportation Solutions Rep for their logistics company! The Transportation Solutions Representative or Freight Broker supports the Carrier Management segment of Transportation for the entire company.
- Responsible for the selection of TL and other third party carriers
- Development new business and/or grow existing business
- Help in the coordination of carrier RFQ's and selection process for inbound, outbound, and Unisource Logistics Solutions programs
- Seamlessly manage the load tendering process for inbound, outbound, and brokerage freight transactions. Accountable for collection of monthly performance data for truckload carriers in order to both monitor and measure carrier performance
- Maintain the truckload database.
- Communicate effectively with carriers, customers, corporate logistics group, warehouse personnel, and customer service team members.
- Manage and use selected TL loadboard for securing new asset based carriers for awarded lanes.
- Supply TL quotes for all internal and external customers.
- 4 year college degree: A MUST!
- One to two years logistics or brokerage experience preferred but not required
- Strong PC skills; Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly motivated with a competitive attitude
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this great opportunity and feel you qualify, PLEASE APPLY NOW w/ RESUME!