Residential Underwriting Assistant - Immediate Opening
We are currently seeking an Underwriting Assistant for our client in the Sandy Springs, GA area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews title, closing protection letters and wiring instructions
- Reviews hazard and flood insurance including master policies
- Processes alerts from debt monitoring
- Orders non-delegated mortgage insurance
- Reviews flood cert.’s and SFHA disclosures
- Monitors the VA Portal for appraisals
- Provide strong customer service and communication skills, and the ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Assigns files to underwriters based on loan type and current underwriter capacity.
- Runs reports daily to determine new underwrite and conditions turn time and well as VA outstanding NOV’s and provides results to VP of Underwriting.
- Provides LQI required review of files prior to final closing to be sure borrowers have not created any additional debt, and that all parties to the transaction have been run through the exclusionary lists.
- Assists underwriters in completing pre-closing checklists to ensure data accuracy of files.
- Assists underwriters in problem solving Automated Underwriting system issues.
- Works with Closing and Post Closing as problems arise on files previously cleared files
- Previous residential mortgage experience is REQUIRED
- Experience working with title policies or property insurance is preferred
- Working knowledge of the underwriting process
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize duties.
- Monday-Friday position, but sometimes overtime is required
- Background check, drug screen, and credit review are administered if selected for the role
- Temp-to-hire role for the right fit
Target skills: Mortgage, Underwriter, Banking